Final Four: Crazier then Last Year

Hey readers, I am so sorry that I have been MIA again on this blog.  I'm hoping to be better and am trying.  I personally cannot believe that I haven't been blogging about March Madness as all I do at work is talk about how upset I am at this Final Four.  Granted this may be the Final Four that gets discussed for ages as one of the craziest match-ups that the NCAA has seen. 

Lets take a look at the games we have VCU vs Butler and UConn vs Kentucky.  On one side we have the battle of the mid majors and on the other two storied programs that have had their troubles but are back on the rise UConn in the Big East and Kentucky in the SEC.  I feel that people are more interested in the VCU vs Butler match up as I'm pretty sure no one predicted that VCU would make it to the Final Four.  I know personally I did not seem them making it past the play in game.  VCU showed the world that the NCAA selection committee was right in having them be in the tournament over Colorado or any of the other big name schools that it could have been.  While in the tournament VCU has been demolishing big names like they do it on a regular basis.  While I personally may currently hate VCU because they did beat Kansas and messed up my bracket, I must applaud them for taking on the challenge of playing teams that most other teams would be terrified to play against.  During each of their games VCU never once let nerves or the feeling of inadequacy take hold as I know must have happened to Richmond and Marquette.  While on the other hand you have Butler who knows what the VCU team is feeling as last year that was them and no one believed that they would be a match for Duke in the championship game.  This year Butler is more polished and playing better then they did last year.  I really hope that this match up proves to the entire world that just because a school is labeled mid-major that means that they can't hold their own against the big boys.

Where to begin with the UConn vs Kentucky match up.  This was not something that I predicted, not going to lie, I personally thought that UNC was going to destroy Kentucky but I forgot to take into account that Kentucky has more then one outside shooter and that they would be hard put to stop all of the perimeter shooters.  I do know that everyone is really excited to see how Kemba does against Brendon Knight.  Both players are very capable point guards and perimeter shooters.  The one thing I do see as being somewhat of a weak spot for UConn is that they don't really have one who will be able to stop Harrellson in the paint.  While yes UConn does have big men they don't really play as UConn seems to like to field a smaller team.  While that can be an advantage if they keep being hot on their outside shots, it could also end up being a problem if UConn will be unable to stop Kentucky's big men from scoring in the paint.  This match-up is going to be a great game and I see it being a game that goes down to the wire.

I really hope that both games will be good and that neither one is a blowout.  I also do hope that it will be UConn vs Butler in the final but that is because I'm prejudiced against Kentucky and VCU for beating UNC and Kansas respectively.  I hope that you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts