A Long Awaited Post

Well it has been almost 3 years since I last wrote this blog, crazy how life happens and you keep putting off writing a post because you can't find the time to write about your biggest passion in life, which for me is sports.  I'm going to try and be more regular with my posts and keep people updated with my views on what is happening in the world of sports. 

This post is dedicated to the NHL playoffs and to my journey of becoming a Washington Capitals fan. I've always had hockey kind of in my peripheral vision especially due to movies like Miracle and of course being Russian but I wasn't a fan of hockey and I could take it or leave it.  Then I met my boyfriend and it all changed, once the lockout ended and the shortened season was underway he took me to practices and I got to see the players up close. Only a window separated me from Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer, Nicklas Backstrom and all of the other Caps players.  This was probably the closest I have ever been to professional sports players since meeting Tyler Hansbrough.  But I still wasn't committed, I liked the sport better because I was able to put faces to names and to see the players practice and get ready for the game.

I watched games on TV with Phil and kind of sort of paid attention to what was going on but he was much more into the game then I was or currently am. Then came the day when we went to see the Caps play the Panthers and I was in Verizon Stadium wearing red with Phil wearing his jersey and being surrounded by the atmosphere of the stadium was probably the biggest reason I am a fan today.  There is nothing like it, it is surreal and wonderful, it brings you in and you can't get out but in the best way possible.  I was hooked, there was an epic fight in the game and it made me fall in love with the sport.

Now it is almost 3 years later and the Caps are in the second round of the Playoffs getting ready to play the Rangers on Thursday and I am hopeful that we will win and advance as this team is one of the best teams in the league.  We have Kuznetsov who has lit up the post season with the game winning goal in Game 7 against the Islanders and who somehow cannot be stopped, he is playing in his first ever post season and it looks like he is a veteran.

This is all for now but I promise to try to post more regularly. I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts