Super Bowl: The End of Football Season

Yesterday marked the end of football season in America, the biggest game of the year was played and we crowned the newest NFL Champions, the Green Bay Packers.  They outlasted the Steelers for 60 minutes to win a thriller match 31-25.  The game began with two quick touchdowns by the Packers including my favorite play of the game when Big Ben threw the interception for the Packers touchdown.  With that touchdown the score was 14-0 and pretty much everyone at the party I went to was starting to worry that the game was going to end up being a blow out though my friend Emily Russart who is a huge Green Bay fan would have been quite fine with that outcome, the game did start getting a bit boring for your run of the mill fans who pay attention only during the Super Bowl.  But then the Steelers started to play a bit better and start slowly coming back into the game.  The Super Bowl actually ended up being a real game with it going down to the last minute and the Steelers having a chance to either tie it up or win it and thankfully for my Super Bowl streak the Steelers lost and the Packers won.

The streak I refer to is how I seem to always choose the team that will win the Super Bowl it all started years and years ago when the Ravens won the Super Bowl and I had predicted them from then on I just seemed to know who was going to win.  Well until the Giants beat the Patriots though I think that my heart wanted the Giants to win but my brain went with numbers and stats which said that the Patriots were going to win.  Excluding that game I have a pretty good track record for the Super Bowl.  Granted people can say that I only have to choose between two teams but still its an art form choosing the winning team.  This year it was easy I hate Big Ben and thus I went with the Packers. 

Sadly for most of America football season is over and there is nothing to cheer for, yet for me I am happy that football season is over because this means that people are now going to start caring more about Basketball which is my favorite sport.  This week it is Rivalry week on ESPN for College Basketball and I am super excited currently as I am writing this post Kansas is beating Missouri 46-42 hopefully the Jayhawks can keep the lead and win the game.  On Wednesday its one of my two favorite games of the year UNC vs Duke and this year UNC is playing better and hopefully will beat Duke at Cameron Stadium.  The game is on Wed at 9 pm on ESPN.  I will be writing a preview of this game prior to the 9pm start.

I hope you all keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts