Euro 2012: All about the Azzurri Today



Today is the final day of games for Group C in the Euro Cup and today spells out the future for my favorite National Team the Italian team.  I am praying and hoping that today they rout the Irish team and show the world the team that they were back in 2006 when they won the World Cup.  I know the Italians have it in them, they have amazing players though I do have to say that I am very sad that Alberto Gilardino is not on the national team right now but they have Daniele De Rossi whom I also love and think is an amazing player. 

Reading through the commentary on today's match up I definitely agree with Jeff Carlisle of ESPN that most of the pressure will be on Pirlo, De Rossi and Di Natale.  These three players have to play an outstanding game so that Italy can score enough goals and prevail and win Group C.  I want to see Italy advance to the knockout stage.  I need to be able to wear my Italy gear around for a few more weeks and cheer on the Azzurri with all the feeling I have because every summer I enjoy watching the National team play and I love to follow soccer well actually futbol as it is in Europe.  Since 2006 when I first watched De Rossi play he has just improved in skill and ability while playing with the National Team and his understanding of the passing game and the ability he has to find the open path is beyond beautiful to watch.  Of course I can't speak about the Italian team without mentioning Bufon, because what is the national team without its Goalie and also one of the most recognized names in soccer.  He has been spectacular so far by only allowing one goal in both games and I just hope that this game he allows no goals to go through. 

I need Italy to win today and for either Spain or Croatia to win and for that game to not go to a draw.  I hope you enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts