NBA: The Finals

I know this post should have come before Game 1 or even after Game 2 but now its after Game 3 and the Heat are up in this series 2-1.  Honestly I didn't watch Game 1 or even Game 2 but I followed them and from what I gather I see that the Mavericks need to step it up.  They did in Game 2 to come back from 15 points down with 6 minutes left to go on a 22-5 run and win but then in Game 3 which I saw most of.  They had comebacks as well but it seemed like it was never enough.  I really want the Mavericks to win just because I think that Dirk does deserve a championship ring as he is an amazing player.  My favorite play of his from Game 3 was this turn around fade out jumper on one leg that should not have gone in but it did.  There and then in my mind cemented the fact that he has Larry Bird like qualities.  He is a player who just is able to get by anyone and make these crazy shots that for most people would just bounce out or even completely air ball.  This and for other reasons of I just hate the Heat I want the Mavericks to win.

Going into Game 4, the Mavericks need to watch all of the game video from Games 1-3 and see why it seems like the Heat seem to get ahead and stay ahead.  When the Mavericks are on, they are fabulous and unstoppable as shown by a 10-0 run that was punctuated by 2 time outs by Spolestra.  If they can continue playing amazing defense and can get the ball in the paint.  I think they still have a shot to win this series.  In Game 3 Miami clearly outscored Dallas in the paint and that lead to them losing by 2.  Though its strange that it can all come down to the paint but last year that is where the Lakers won the game and this year that is where the game will be won.  Not on the free throw line or the three point line but in the paint and which team fights for it more.

One thing I can say for the Heat is that Dwayne Wade last night was amazing and brilliant.  He came up with clutch plays that sealed it for the Heat.  If he had not been hot I don't see that Heat having won.  There was barely any production from Lebron and isn't he supposed to be a clutch player but then you look at him in his play off history and his numbers seem to go down.  My favorite shot of Lebron was when the ball boys were cleaning up a spilled drink on the court and instead of standing and talking with his team or his coaches Lebron just sat down with his back to the basket and looked bored.  If he really wants to be a champion and to be considered one of the greatest players take every opportunity you can to talk with your coaches and teammates to figure out what your next move is. Take all available time and figure out your plays.  But know he did not do that he just looked bored.  Let us see what happens in Game 4.  I hope it will be the Mavericks winning.


I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts