Another College Basketball Season Over

Today is the day that true fans of College Basketball hate, today is the day when there is no more basketball for another seven months.  This day I hate, this day I hate all other sports, because all I want is one more game, one more day of basketball played at the purest level.  After this past month of constant basketball and amazing upsets, all I'm left with is an empty feeling where basketball used to be.  I know there is the NBA and the MLB just started and if I wanted to I could throw myself into hockey and learn a new sport but today just for one day I need to mourn the end of this season. 

This season I got a chance to watch magic happen, to see a team come back to relevance and show the world what a few years and the right players can achieve.  Not only did I get a chance to watch Indiana play their way to an amazing start and beat Kentucky and Ohio St in the same season.  I got to watch the emergence of a new star in Cody Zeller, while I've been a huge fan of his brother Tyler during his time at UNC, I do think that Cody will be a better player over all.  Indiana has had an amazing season and had an amazing run in the NCAA tournament even with the loss of Vernal Jones.  I can't wait to watch Indiana next year and see how well they do and see how much they progress.

Not only did I watch Indiana this season, I got to see the emergence of a star player in Thomas Robinson, he simply stepped up in the absence of the Morris twins and showed the world that he has always had that skill level in him.  I am so happy that he had such an amazing season especially after the tragic losses that he suffered last year. Watching him blossom on the court this year and how well he can step up to plate and take the lead has been supremely fascinating.  I love watching the emergence of new players on my teams and watching to see who will take the lead.  Thomas Robinson led the Jayhawks to the National Championship game and sadly they lost.

Now its 7 months of reading about the new recruits, the transfers and the coaching changes to get me through until the season starts up again.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts