My Thoughts on Sports

Usually this blog is all about sports updates and my views on sports and what is going on.  But lately I've just wanted to write a post on my feelings for sports.  I love sports always have and always will.  For me sports is my escape from reality.  I watch sports and for 2-3 hours I forget about all of my troubles and anything that get's in the way.

When I was in college, I used to make certain that I never had classes during basketball games because I needed those 2 hours twice a week to just forget about everything that was going on.  I loved it, loved feeling the endorphins running through me as I put everything out of my mind and just focused on the game and what was going on the court with the players and the opposing team.  For two hours the only pain I felt was if we were losing or a bad play happened.  My happiness was when we played well.

These feelings are why I love sports and why my senior year I chose to manage the AU Women's basketball team.  I got my escape from reality and I loved every minute of it and I wish I could go back to those days to being with my girls so I can forget everything for a few hours.

Now sports is not just my escape but it's what keeps me going.  During the month of March I had basketball all the time for March Madness, now its baseball and thankfully today my San Francisco Giants gave me a win.  Sometimes for me my moods are based on how my teams are doing and sometimes my mood changes when my team wins.

I know this post has been completely different from all of my other posts and maybe way more sentimental but for me sports is my life and who I am as a person.  I wanted you all to know that and know just what sports means to me.

I hope you enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts