Fantasy Football: Week 1 recap

Well this first week of Fantasy did not quite go as well as I would have hoped it would.  I ended up losing my first ever match up and honestly it was due to some miscalculations on my part.  I decided against starting Randy Moss even though I knew he used to be a great player and I benched Cobb from Green Bay.  If I had started those two my score would have been much better but that is now in the past. 

My first player that had a game was Hakeem Nicks of the Giants and I had such high hopes for him, and yet in the Giants loss to the Cowboys, he was obsolete and I feel like he set the tone for my week.  I did have some amazing plays and some people who outperformed their projected points so I can't be to upset with week 1.  I just know that I need to do some more research and keep ahead of the game.

As already mentioned in my previous post David Akers was the MVP of the 49ers win and he was the MVP of my fantasy team, he outscored his projections and gave me a bit of hope.  Though ok and now I say this knowing my boyfriend won't really like what I'm about to type but I actually had high hopes for Michael Vick as my starting QB and what did he do he threw 4 interceptions which lost me at least 4 points and yes while he did make his projection in points it should have been higher and he should have done better.  I'm still debating starting him next week, he may get a second trial and then I will switch if he doesn't play to his potential.

Also I'm not to happy with LeSean McCoy, he should have had more points but no he started off with a fumble that lost me 2 points and he had to fight back to get to positive.  While he did give me some points and 11 points isn't to shabby I was expecting more.  I know this post is me griping about my first week but I am happy and I have realized that now starting on Thursday and going til Monday I will be obsessed with Fantasy and will be constantly checking the match up to see how I did.

I hope you all enjoy this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts