FOOTBALL FOOTBALL: The Season is Upon Us

Clearly I'm insanely happy that it's that time of year again and that football is back in my life.  Now to be fair give me College Basketball too and then I will be in heaven.  But tonight will end Week 1 and tomorrow I will have an update about my fantasy football team.  This post is about the highlights of what has happened so far.

Starting off with a game that was televised at 1pm the New Orleans Saints vs the Washington Redskins.  Let's be honest who really thought that the Redskins were going to win and win in such a dramatic fashion, I certainly didn't and I certainly thought that while RGIII was going be awesome he wasn't going to go 8-8 to start off and have a 88 yard touch down pass but this all happened and maybe just maybe I might have been wrong about my prediction for the season where I though they weren't going to do better then 8-8 or maybe 9-7 with no playoff berth but you never know.  With this win we might be seeing a new and way more improved Redskins offense or it could have been a fluke.  We shall see I'm going with they are improving and they do still have quite a lot to improve on such as their defense but it is much better then last year and they did beat the Saints, though they are without their Head Coach Sean Payton due to the bounty scandal but let's see what happens to the Saints this year.  This was a great game for RGIII and the Redskins, a job very well done.

 Next up we have the 4:25 game which was the San Francisco 49ers vs the Green Bay Packers and man was this a game just like the game prior, this game was one for the books and an instant classic in my eyes.  All off season people have been saying, no way can the 49ers come back and repeat what they did in 2011 and no way will they be just as strong.  Well I think the score of 30-22 silenced the critics.  The 49ers came into Lambeau and made it there's.  Last year Aaron Rodger's and his Packers were behind in the score for about 3 minutes the entire season and this time they were behind for most of the game and the 49ers defense made Rodgers through a pick.  While Alex Smith was beyond amazing and hasn't thrown an interception is 185 passes which sets a 49er record. I think the true highlight goes to David Akers pictured on your left who made a 63 yard field goal as the clock wound down in the first half.  This was the statement field goal for the 49ers because the ball hit the goal post and instead of bouncing back out actually bounced in and gave us the points.  I know that I jumped up and screamed when that kick was made.  It was the most amazing thing I had seen.  This was a game of many wonderful aspects as Moss was terrific in his debut and showed that he hasn't lost any of his toughness.

 I was going to talk about Peyton Manning and his debut as a Bronco but I may put that in tomorrow's post because this one has gotten too long already.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts