Luke Walton to the Lakers


Yesterday the Lakers announced that Luke Walton will be their new head coach.  As soon as Byron Scott was fired this decision was a forgone conclusion. Much as I don't like the Lakers, well in reality Kobe and now that he is gone I do think that this is the best move for him at this time. He played on the Lakers so he has the backing of not only the fans but the administration as well and this is a young team now so he will have the ability to mold the team into what he wants them to be.  I will miss Luke on the bench of the Warriors yet I am so happy for his coaching career because he deserves the best for all that he has done for the Warriors and how he stepped up for Steve Kerr at the beginning of the year.

Luke Walton has all of the skills to truly be one of the best Head Coaches in the NBA and he will create a completely different culture with the Lakers then what they had with Kobe, now that culture will be one of winning.  I think though that he will try to emulate the comradery that the Warriors have in the locker room and I do believe that he will be able to do that.  He is young and ambitious, which are all qualities that are needed to create your own stamp on a storied franchise.  As a Warriors fan I am very sad that Luke will be leaving at the end of this play off run but as a fan of Luke Walton I want him to do well with the Lakers and I will root for them when they aren't playing the Warriors.

I know it has been a bit since my last post and I will try to be better about posting more often.  I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.


Comments

Popular Posts