Saturday 2/6 Recap: What a Day, Right?

 

Y'all yesterday had me shook because of the NFL honors, not the awards themselves I think besides the Aaron Donald or TJ Watt discussion there were no real surprises in who won the awards. No the real surprise came when in his acceptance speech/video Aaron Rodgers casually drops he got engaged in 2020 and thanked his fiance. Y'all what, like didn't it just come out he was dating Shailene Woodley and is he engaged to her? I have some serious questions about this and I need answers. The world needs answers. Aaron Rodgers you sly devil you knew you would consume the airwaves with your announcement and even after sleeping on it last night I still can't stop thinking about it.

Also the fact that I am still this shook about Aaron Rodgers is saying something because the were two games yesterday that had my heart racing from beginning to end. The Duke vs Carolina game and the Warriors vs the Mavericks. Let us start with the first meeting this season between the biggest rivalry in college basketball. I tweeted out during the first half of the game "Duke vs Carolina a bit uglier and a different feel without fans in the stands. Yet always a must watch game and one of my favorite games to watch even if@UNC_Basketball wants to give me a heart attack during the game" Carolina definitely gave me a heart attack in those last few minutes of the game. This was a must win game for both teams and this game was the first time since 1960 when both teams were unranked. Both teams are super young and it was said during the game that due to the nature of this COVID year the teams with youth have struggled because they haven't had their normal pre-training. I agree with that assessment and this game was ugly in the first 10 minutes with both teams committing quite a lot of turnovers. Obviously I enjoyed the Duke turnovers much more then the Carolina ones. Carolina got off to an early lead and built a 10 point lead but it wouldn't be this game if Duke didn't come back and take a brief lead before Carolina came back and kept it. Those last 45 seconds aged me I can't quite believe how they played out but not going to lie I'm happy. Caleb Love had 25 points for Carolina in what I think has been his best game yet as a Tar Heel. I hope that Carolina builds on this win and keeps improving. This team is a threat and hopefully now that they are gelling it gets better for them. Well this fan can dream.

Even though the Warriors lost last night to the Mavericks can I just say is Steph Curry even human. He balled out last night and ahd 57 points on 11 of 19 threes. He was such a joy to watch last night an watching him play is honestly one of my favorite things. Yesterday's game got off to a really ugly start and the Warriors ended up in an early 18-2 hole. I was worried it would end up being a blowout but then Steph just took over and had 30 first half points. He made 8 first half threes and it was beautiful to watch. I truly believe that with Klay being more involved with the team that it is bringing more joy to the rest of the Warriors. Klay is an integral part of the team and having him in any capacity off the court is extremely beneficial. You had the Splash Bro's reunited even if one of them can't play right now. I'm excited to watch this Warriors team with them back to being underdogs. I have a feeling about them that I can't shake that they will surprise everyone and will be major contenders in the West.

 I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts