Sports Recap November 15th

What a weekend in sports, I mean really this was a crazy week, we had every single NFC West team win this week against some stiff competition, we had an instant classic College Basketball game when UNC played Michigan St on a carrier craft which had never been done before and now today it's College Basketball 24 hours of hoops Tipoff day. As a sports fan this has been the weekend of my dreams, games were crazy, teams lost who no one expected would lose, some teams barely survived and well for the most part all of my teams won this past weekend, so I'm thrilled. But for all you Eagles fans out there, what is going on with your team, seriously losing to an NFC West team that is not the 49ers is depressing, you have the talent and the skill so maybe it is your coach who is completely screwing everything up. Look at the 49ers they got a great new coach and all of a sudden the talent emerges so maybe you need to get rid of Andy Reid and find someone who can inject more passion into your team.

So back to Friday night where UNC played Michigan St in the the Carrier Classic and up for grabs was a 85 pound trophy and bragging rights of saying you won in front of the President. For this game I went to watch it at my favorite bar near work Kitchen. I sat down to watch the game and it took forever for the game to start, everyone kept speaking I know it was veterans day and I know this game was history in the making but I wanted to watch UNC play and win so finally 730 and the game starts. UNC takes an early lead and I feel comfortable though I had already imagined that the first half was going to be and it was going to be in the second half that the game really picked up speed. Well I was right after the early lead, Michigan St took the lead and kept forcing turnovers and out rebounded the Tar Heels. I already knew what Coach Roy was going to say during the half. Then with about 5 min left in the first half UNC took the lead and went into half time with a 10 point lead. After that the second half was just a repeat of every other game where UNC ran away with it and thus my Tar Heels won the first ever Carrier Classic. To make Friday night even better Duke was almost beaten by Belmont so we shall see how the season goes for them.

Now to a small College Football recap, Michigan beat Illinois and Georgia beat Auburn which is a crazy feat for UGA. Ok done with college football, sorry I would have a longer recap but I still have to discuss the NFL and this week more interesting things occurred on Sunday then on Saturday. So Sunday what a day, what a day the 49ers are now 8-1 and if we win this Sunday then we have clinched the division I believe. Mainly we are now hoping for a 1 or 2 seed probably a 2 seed in the NFC and a first round bye for the playoffs. But to discuss more, the Ravens lost to the Seahawks, as I mentioned earlier the Eagles lost to the Cardinals and the Rams beat the Bengals. Back to the Eagles game it was a match up of the former back up playing against the guy he took the spot of. So I feel like the Cardinals went in with a little more will to win as Kevin Kolb wanted to beat his former team. I still can't believe that the 49ers beat the Giants it was a very close game and thank you Justin Smith for your amazing block of Eli Manning's pass with 34 seconds left to clinch the game for us. I'm so proud of my team and we still have the second best record in the NFL. No would have thought that we would be a viable contender after last season. I sure as hell didn't.

I hope you enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts