NFC and AFC Championship game previews

So it's a new year and with that comes some new resolutions. Last year it was to blog a lot more then I did at the end of 2010, well I think I kept up that part by blogging at least once a month. This year it's to blog at least twice a month and hopefully more as sports never sleeps. These next couple of weeks should give me ample ammo to write some post especially as this year my 49ers have been legen- wait for it-dary, sorry I know I've been watching way to much How I Met Your Mother but in all honesty it's the truth. This years 49ers are legendary, with a new head coach and a new outlook on playing we have come from being a 6-10 team to a team one game away from going to the Super Bowl in god knows how many years, and we are the number 2 seed in the NFC. It has been a great couple of years to be a San Francisco sports fan and I do love my hometown. Watching us beat the Saints at home and seeing the views I was so proud of my city and so proud of what my team has accomplished. The defense forced Drew Brees to throw 2 interceptions and forced I believe it was five fumbles. This was a game where Akers wasn't the one to carry the team to victory. Though after the first quarter the Saints did come back and give us a game but Alex Smith never wavered and ran for a touchdown and threw Vernon Davis the winning touchdown. Next up we face the NY Giants and yes while I wanted them to beat the packers so that we could have home field advantage in the NFC conference championship, couldn't they have won after a hard fight, and not convincingly beat them. Yet one thing about the Packers they were playing worse and worse ball as the season progressed and in many ways they resembled the 2007 Patriots who ended up losing in the Super Bowl to the Giants kind of funny if you look at it in that way. This Sunday shall be quite interesting to watch and I believe the game will be as tight as the game against the Saints and I do believe that the 49ers will win against the Giants and make it to the Super Bowl.

For the AFC Championship game we have the Number 1 seeded New England Patriots versus the Number 2 seeded Baltimore Ravens. One of these teams overcame a tougher then it should have been win and the other ran all over a team to make it to this game. But how these two trams made it shouldn't really factor in into how they shall play against each other. The Patriots steamrolled Tebow and the Broncos to win but I'm sorry it's the Broncos they really shouldn't have made it to the playoffs they lost their last three regular season games and only made it because the Raiders lost to the Chargers. So yes while the Broncos did beat the Steeelers, they also beat a injury riddled team and beat them in overtime on fine a brilliant pass but still when they played the Patriots yeah I didn't have high hopes for them. Wow sorry I meant to stay with the Patriots and talk about them and instead went off on a Broncos tangent, looks like even though I don't like Tebow I got caught up in his team. Back to the Patriots, this is a great team and the Ravens will be hard pressed against them but they do have a chance since the Patriots lost to the Bills, the Steelers and the Giants all great teams. Also as I have noticed about the Ravens this year they tend to play to the skill level of their opponent so I do see them playing much better against the Patriots then they did against the Texans. The Ravens just need to focus and settle down and do what they do best which is playing a nice mix of the rushing and passing game. Flacco is a good qb and in Oher he has a great left tackle. I see this game going down to the wire and I do hope the Ravens win just because I want it to be the Harbaugh bowl take 2 with the 49ers winning this time.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts