Fantasy Football: A girl's first time

This year I'm actually participating in a fantasy football league and I'm really excited and nervous at the same time.  I've never actually been in one before and I hope that I draft some amazing players and can actually do well.  Most people including my boyfriend think that due to my love and knowledge of sports I'm going to be amazing at fantasy and that I will dominate the field.  But from what I've gathered fantasy football isn't about quite the knowledge but some what about the luck of the draft draw.

So because this is my first year I'm doing some research because I can't just draft everyone from the 49ers and not going to lie, much as I love my team there are only a few players I would actually want to draft because fantasy is about the points a player can give you and not about the over all team so sorry Alex Smith unless I'm desperate I'm not drafting you.  Also I've learned that you should draft a running back with your first pick and not a QB as they are the cream of the crop for points, and I have a few in mind but will be spending a great portion of tonight finalizing who I want and what players will be the best Runing backs.  I already know who my top two picks are for QB but sorry until the draft I won't say who I want in case anyone reads it who is in my league. 

I'm really hoping this will be fun and will give me a new way to enjoy football this season because I do live on the East Coast and it is really hard to find places to watch the 49ers play.  So this will get me to watch the games of my fantasy team and thus hope that they have great games and give me the points and for the 49ers to win as many games as possible and somewhat recreate the magic of last season.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts