49ers: One Girl's thoughts on a sad offseason



This has been quite the off season for the 49ers and as a fan I have watched some of my favorite players leave the team after what can only be described as a tumultuous 2014 season.  I think this may actually be the first ever off season where I have actively tried to avoid reading about the Niners because I couldn't take any more heart ache and dismantling of my beloved team.  The Niners broke my heart when they let go Jim Harbaugh and let him go to Michigan, I loved his enthusiasm and truly believed and still do believe that he is the right fit for this team.  He energized a fan base that had languished in obscurity and he brought greatness back to a city which now maybe doesn't quite need it when it comes to sports.

I only cannot believe that the Niners lost Frank Gore this offseason and right after I bought his jersey because I truly believed he would be a Niner for life, I had been wavering between him and Vernon Davis but went with Gore because I liked him just a bit more.  I will still be wearing his jersey and with pride for all that he had accomplished for us.  Do not get me started on our defense as it seems like we lost absolutely everyone and I can't tell you who we lost because I think I have created a memory block so I will not have to accept the pain and suffering that this year will bring.  One good thing is we do have Reggie Bush and I really hope he will perform and do well for us this year.  I will post more about the Niners once I watch a game and see what has happened to my team with a new coach and it seems like a brand new team.

I hope you enjoyed my post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts