49ers: Monday Night Football



On Monday night the NFL season officially started for the San Francisco 49ers and the world watched to see what this new look team would be like after a disastrous offseason that saw the defense be riddled with question marks and we also saw Frank Gore leave to be with the Colts.  I can honestly say that I wasn't sure what to expect from this team and from the new Head Coach Tomsula as I have been such a big fan of Jim Harbaugh and was truly devastated when he was let go by the team.  But at least for one game my fears were unfounded.  The Niners played with the same physicality that had been the back bone of the team for the past 4 years.  They kept the Vikings from scoring a touchdown and kept them to only one field goal as well as keeping Adrian Peterson to 31 rushing yards.

On the offense we saw Carlos Hyde truly break out and score 2 rushing touchdowns and rush for 168 yards.  He had the best rushing game of any rusher in week 1.  Now while we did see Carlos Hyde and Kaepernick play well, we did also see the offense make some horrible mistakes and commit penalty's that cost them scoring opportunities such as in the first drive when the Niners had the chance for a touchdown but then committed a penalty that set them back to a 1st and 20 and had to settle for a field goal attempt that ended up being blocked.  Neither team scored until late in the 2nd quarter.  While I am optimistic for the Niners to have a decent season I'm still not going to assume a great season and honestly I'm hoping for an ok season and this to be the start to better things in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts