US Open Women's Final



I know this post is a day late but I have still been processing the final of the US Open for the Women.  Yesterday history was made but it wasn't the history that everyone thought it would be but still it was history.  Yesterday the first ever Italian woman won the US Open and she was the oldest first time winner as well.  Flavia Pennetta and Roberta Vinci did the improbable by beating the #1 and #2 ranked players to get to the final and I am so happy for them.  I love Italy and I always want the country to do well and I root for the underdog when it comes to sports well sometimes.  Yet Flavia played an amazing game to win and on Friday Roberta Vinci played the game of her life when she beat Serena in 3 sets.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts