Championship Week: ACC Quarterfinal Recap

Yesterday there were 4 games that were played for the ACC tournament and I was very happy with the outcomes of two of the four games.  UNC beat Pittsburgh to advance and thank you to Notre Dame for beating Duke in overtime.  I love this time of year for sports because it is college basketball 24/7 and I just can't get enough of it.

The UNC game started off really slow with the Tar Heels going down 8-0 to start and it seemed like they were just unable to get moving and that they were destined for an early exist from the tournament.  But they then came back and ended the first half up by 4 and once the second half hit they were unstoppable and ended up blowing out Pitt.  This game showed how the Tar Heels play and the ability that they have to turn it on when they need too.  I do believe that they have the ability to win the entire tournament for both the ACC and March Madness but they still need to play fully consistently, they have the talent they just need to find the drive and I think that they have started too.  I can't wait to watch them tonight.

Now in the second game I honestly thought that Duke was going to come out and beat Notre Dame especially since Notre Dame had beat them previously and they just lost at home to UNC on senior night.  For a while it looked like Duke had the number of Notre Dame and they were up by 16 midway through the second half but Notre Dame came back and briefly took the lead and then tied it up with a minute to go in regulation.  The game ended and it was tied 70-70 heading into overtime.  That was when Notre Dame just took control of the game and did not let Duke get back into it.  I am thankful for Notre Dame but I do have to say it would have been a great game if it was the third rematch of UNC/Duke now we will just have to see if it will happen in the NCAA Tournament.

The third game of the day was UVA vs Georgia Tech and it went like everyone thought it would with UVA crushing GT, they truly had no shot in the game and it was kind of boring to watch granted I also had no real stake in this game.  The fourth and final game of the day was Virginia Tech vs Miami and I was sad at that outcome of this game but Tech played so well and stayed in the game.  I see great things for Tech next year in basketball and I think that there will quite a lot of changes in the rankings of the ACC next year.

Today is the semi-final round and I will recap those games for you tomorrow.  I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts