More Dreams Coming True






Last night my little sister and I had reservations to go to a new restaurant in San Francisco called International Smoke and if any of you follow a certain wife of a certain Golden State Warrior on any social media then you would know that it is her restaurant. Ever since I heard that Ayesha Curry was opening up a restaurant in SF, I have been dying to go and last night I was finally able to. I made my reservation over a month ago to make certain that I would be able to go within the first opening month. Now you all know I am a die hard Warriors Fan and that Steph is my favorite out of the Warriors but in all honesty, Ayesha is way more of my favorite; her cook book, instagram and other ventures all speak to me as someone who has a passion for baking and cooking.

I know this is a sports blog and that this post is only tangentially related to basketball; but I couldn't help myself in writing this post. Meeting both Steph and Ayesha was a dream and how it happened honestly felt like a dream. My sister and I had probably been at the restaurant for about 45 minutes when I looked over and happened to see Steph and at first I wasn't sure it was him but it was. So my sister and I walk over to ask for a photo, we chatted with him for a little bit and he asked if we could wait and that he would take a photo with us later. It was so nice of him to take the time to speak to us when he was there supporting his wife and as a customer and not an NBA star. Once we finished dinner, I started to get a little awkward because I didn't want to intrude on a family dinner but my sister was more open and we walked up again and asked as we were leaving. Now the moment came and we got our photo and on top of that we got to talk with Ayesha and she asked us if we had already eaten and how we enjoyed the food. We both said that it was amazing since it really was. Then we got our photo. The Curry's are really special and truly are some of the nicest professional athletes that I have ever met. I can't wait to go back to her restaurant and to try more of her delicious food. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts