NFL: Lockout and how I want the Free Agency to go

Today has been quite interesting when it comes to the NFL Lockout.  We have heard that the owners and the NFLPA are coming closer and closer to an agreement that will end the lockout and allow for there to be free agency.  I really hope that this will be the case and that soon we can all start discussing trades and free agency signings.  How else are we as fans going to fill the time until baseball really gets interesting well at least to non-baseball fans.  Fantasy teams are started prior to the season beginning and fans need the crucial time of following the statistics of their players as they go about getting ready for the season.  We also need to know who are going to be the starters and who is going to be the back-up.  Where do players end up when they enter free agency and what players end up being traded away to acquire a piece of a puzzle that might be needed for a team.  These are all questions that need to be answered and answered fast but sadly there is a lockout in place that denies fans the ability to get the answers to these questions. 

Strange as it may seem and I know the Eagles have given up one player to the Redskins already but I kind of would like to see Kevin Kolb signed with them.  He may actually be a good fit for a team that is looking for a solid quarterback to build their team around.  He has a good arm and knows how to throw, he also has the ability to play the wildcat offense and a shot gun offense which may be good for the Redskins.  He is also young enough that they will get many years out of him unlike they have with McNabb and with McNabb there are a lot of issues that they would need to address with him as their focal point for the season.  But not going to lie it looks like the Redskins are trying to get rid of McNabb and move on to another player. 

Also this year once the lockout is lifted Reggie Bush is a free agent and I know he has said he wants to stay with the Saints but I also see him being the type of athlete who follows the money just like Jayson Werth who left the Phillies and the guarantee of being candidates for the World Series to the Nats where yes he makes more money but plays for a much worse team.  Ok back to Reggie Bush, as I just mentioned he might go where the money goes because just take a look at his history, especially at USC; it didn't get it's nickname of University of Spoiled Children for no reason.  But he is a good player and any team would be lucky to get him on their squad and he will produce numbers for them.

Now to my team the 49ers.  I have been reading a lot about them, naturally as I am from San Francisco and I like what I hear.  According to the NFC West Blog, we have three of the top 5 players in the division and most are defensive players which we need a lot of and more of.  I hope that this off season when free agency starts we get more defensive players and better ones.  I honestly don't know who will be available but I will take a look and hope we get some quality players.  Now to the quarterback battle, that I read about,  Harbaugh is saying that it will be a competition and just because he wants Alex Smith on the squad doesn't mean that Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a chance of being the starting quarterback for us next season.  He said that it will come down to who plays better during practice, the mini camps and during the preseason games if there are any.  I like this approach because it will make both of them play better then if it was automatically going to be given to Alex Smith.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep reading my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts