My Rant about the SF Giants So Far

So this season started and I had high hopes because my boy Buster was back after his horrible injury last season and we had signed contract extensions on Timmy and Matt Cain.  It also looked like maybe Barry Zito was going to be playing well.  Then the season started and what happened to my boys, Timmy is struggling and our pitchers are struggling.  Currently our best pitcher is Bumgarner which isn't too surprising as he is an amazing pitcher but what is going on with Timmy.  I was at the Nats vs Orioles game last week and was discussing the troubles that the Giants were facing with a couple guys that were seated next to me and my roommate and they were joking that Timmy needs to stop smoking so much to which I replied he needs to smoke more.  But in all honesty, what is he doing and what happened he is known for being the Freak so do your freaky things Timmy and come back to being the amazing pitcher we all know and love and want and need, because if you don't come back then what do we have, we don't really have a season.

Also sadly my second favorite player on the Giants is out for the season after needing Tommy John surgery, we don't Brian Wilson this season as our closer and that may also be damaging our spirits but come on Giants we aren't one player or one pitcher.  We are everything, we are the misfits of baseball the ones who take a rag tag team and win a World Series.  We have great pitchers that need to settle down and pitch like they used to.  I still love and will always love the Giants and they are back to torturing us fans every game because even with a lead I am not comfortable thinking a game is won because there is just as a good chance that they will lose.  Now I am not bashing my team or anything I just want them to play like I know they can and as a fan sometimes you need to rant.

So now that I have ranted about our pitching its time to rant about our run support, where is it, we give our pitchers one of the lowest run support in the league.  I want us to hit better and more.  More hits that end up as RBI's or home runs where more then 1 player scores.  Though I will take a home run any day of the week at any point even if it solo home run but I want a better batting average and more runs.  We can have the best pitchers in the world but if we don't support them with runs then how can we win.  Well I feel that I have ranted enough about the Giants and all I can say is Go Giants Go Orange and Black.  Go San Francisco I love you.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts