Being a Sports Fan

So a few days ago my roommate and I went to the Nationals game and they were playing the Orioles, since neither of these two teams are my team which as we all know are the San Francisco Giants, I had a dilema, who do I root for.  Did I root for the team that is my adopted hometowns team or do I root for the team that has the same colors as my team and has been in the area for longer.  This is a dilema I have a lot of since my teams are all on the West Coast and most times are never broadcasted, so I have decided to adopt East Coast teams and teams that don't threaten the chances of my boys. Back to the game, I ended up rooting for the Orioles and they won on a walk off home run in the top of the 12th.  This was a good game to go to, and the perfect first game for me to watch this season.

It's hard to be a transplant fan because you don't have the established fan base around you and it can be hard to root for your team when you can't even find a bar that will play the game.  I lucked out in finding a San Francisco bar in the city which just happens to be one of my favorite bars anyway.  Thankfully my adopted teams are both in different leagues and divisions then my Giants and Niners and strangley enough both for football and baseball the teams happen to be Baltimore teams.  The reason for me liking the Ravens are many, the most important being that the older brother of the Head Coach of the Niners is the Head Coach of the Ravens, so of course I have to root for family pride right. Go Harbaugh brothers.  Though Jim is better, sorry John I do need to think my coach is better then you. 



The second reason is Michael Oher and if you have seen the Blind Side, which if you haven't then you are crazy, then you know exactly why I'm rooting for the Ravens. It's one of the best sports movies and the message is amazing and well I just love it.


These are my reasons for being a Ravens fan.  I think I became an Orioles fan, sort of just because it was easy, I already like the Ravens and the colors match the Giants.  So my reasons are few and varied.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts