Waiting for College Football to start

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually not sitting around waiting for the beginning of the College Basketball season and for me this feels a little bit weird.  Maybe it's because I now have way more teams and sports to follow or maybe I'm starting to grow up and realize that I can't constantly have only UNC basketball on my mind.  Though granted, I can and will follow the offseason of the Tar Heels with rapt attention but I don't need to read about them all the time anymore.

Now I'm actually sitting around and instead of counting down the months until the first game of the season for basketball, I'm counting down the days until September 1st when College Football is back and its 8pm and Michigan will go into Cowboys Stadium and take on the Crimson Tide and win.


I'm terribly excited for this game and the beginning of College Football.  I've been a fan of Michigan for a couple years now and last year, I didn't have this reaction.  I'm going with the fact that Brady Hoke is the Head Coach, Denard is playing well and there is actually now a great chance of Michigan doing really well in the BCS.  I've been sitting around planning what I'm going to do for the first game, what I'm going to bake where I'm going to watch the game.  For all of you Michigan fans in the DMV, the biggest Michigan bar is Buffalo Billiards in Dupont.  Having gone there for a couple games its amazing and I think most Saturdays that is where you will find me come September 1st.

Have to give a small shout out to the Georgia Bulldogs as last season I did follow them and watch a lot of their games, their first game of the season is also September 1st versus Buffalo and it will be in Athens, GA. Game time TBA

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts