A Fan's Dream Comes True: the Night I met Tyler Hansbrough

This weekend one of my biggest wishes and dreams came true; I got to meet Tyler Hansbrough and if you know me, then you know that he is my all time favorite basektball player ever and that it has been my dream to meet him since he played for UNC.  Well it finally happened and in the craziest of ways.  On Friday night I was heading out to meet up with a few friends to celebrate on of their birthdays and on the way to Dupont and the Mad Hatter, I was having a discussion over the merits of Virgina Tech vs UNC, though we all know that UNC is better sorry Phil, and of course in this conversation Tyler's name came up quite a few times.  Well we got to Mad Hatter and met up with my friends upstairs, which I'm going to say is why I missed seeing him on my way in. 

A little bit later, we all decide that we want to go downstairs and dance.  So we proceed down the steps and I just stop because I thought that I had seen Tyler Hansbrough but I wasn't sure because how would that happen, how was he in DC.  I looked over to Phil, just because I needed confirmation that my eyes weren't decieving me that it really was Tyler Hansbrough and that my dream of meeting him was about to happen.  He confirmed it and I made my way over to Tyler and suprisingly for me I was decently calm and collected as I asked him for a picture and mentioned that I was a die hard Tar Heels fan and then Tyler went and made my night even more awesome, he asked me if I wanted to have Marcus Ginyard in the picture as well and I was like yes so I actually got to have my picture taken with two National Championship winning Tar Heels and now that my dream has been completed, I can move on to my next one involving Tyler Hansbrough, where I get a chance to interview him.

Here is the picture of me with Tyler Hansbrough and Marcus Ginyard. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts