Venus Williams opens up new Jamba Juice in Dupont Circle

Last week while walking through Dupont Circle I noticed the familiar orange and yellow colors of Jamba Juice on Connecticut Ave, and as a native Californian for me this was a magical moment full of birds singing and the world being a better place.  Sadly for me I would have to wait a week until the glorious moment when I could have my 16 oz Peach Perfection smoothie and be finally happy that an amazing smoothie place had come to DC.  Though I have to say was my patience rewarded with this week long wait.  On Monday I went in for what was effectively its soft opening and saw something quite amazing.  I saw that on Tuesday July, 9th Venus Williams was going to be at the Jamba Juice for it grand opening.  Well we can imagine what went through my head, first being WAHOO I get to see Venus and the sports lover in me was insanely happy.  So of course I took my lunch break yesterday during the time period she was going to be there.


This poduim greeted me as I walked up to Jamba Juice to place my order and wait in line.  While waiting in line I started to chit chat with the media and the marketing crew of Jamba Juice to see what time Venus was going to come and by doing so found out that she actually owns this Jamba Juice and the one in Union Station.  For me this moment was actually quite amazing and for once I actually felt like part of the media for an event.  I like the fact that Venus is partnering with Jamba Juice because their smoothies are amazing and they do promote the healthy lifestyle.

The coolest part was how close I was to Venus as she left her SUV.  Sadly I wasn't able to stay for her speech and the actual grand opening of the store but for what I was able to see the wait was definitely worth it and I enjoyed playing the role of the Media in this instance.

I hope you all enjoy this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts