Weekend Overview

Where do I even begin with this past weekend, I think that my heart underwent quite a few feelings and thankfully yesterday ended with a Win. Saturday was a big football day for me what with Michigan playing Michigan State and with a win Michigan had a chance at potentially making it to the playoffs.  I got to watch 3 quarters overall of this game as my boyfriend and I had a prior commitment that started at 7 so we had to miss the last half of the 4th quarter.  When we left Michigan was up by 6 and they had been up all game but I had this terrible feeling that if I didn't watch the game or follow the score we would lose and of course my phone had to die with 5 minutes left of the game.  We get back from our commitment and I hear about the last 10 seconds of the game and how a failed punt cost the game.  I watched the replay and even I couldn't believe what had just happened how was this possible. We have all seen the wonders that Coach Harbaugh has done at Michigan in just 7 games and this win was taken away from us.  Hopefully next year we will get them and there is still Ohio State as the final game of the season.  I'm still processing this game and cannot truly believe what had happened.  I wanted to write about it earlier but I needed a day to process my feelings.

Then there was yesterday, I was at work wearing my Frank Gore 49ers Jersey which has become my go to Sunday outfit.  Even if I am unable to watch the game I have to represent my team.  Thankfully this time the Niners were on TV as they were playing the Ravens.  So I left work at 4 and hoped I could make it home in time for the second half. I looked at my phone religiously and waited for alerts about the game.  It started off a bit slow some field goals and then I got the alert of a 76 yard touchdown pass from Kaepernick to Torrey Smith and I believed that we had a chance of winning this game.  Last week against the Giants the Niners started to look like themselves and it was just a sad last drive that ended it for them.  This week we escaped with a win as the Ravens had the last drive of the game and we were able to take hold an keep charge and win the game.  I needed this win and so did the 49ers, we may not be in playoff contention but I would like to not have a losing record at the end of the season.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts