49ers Have a New Coach: Welcome Chip Kelly?


So unfortunately for the 49ers Sean Peyton decided to stay with the Saints and not look for a different coaching job but instead we got Chip Kelly. Now I am not quite sure what I think about it and whether or not I am happy with this choice. I have to say though I am much happier with Chip then I would have been with Mike Shanahan. I think that he might be a good fit for the Niners, definitely a much better fit then Jim Tomsula, why we even hired him in the first place I have absolutely no idea.  Tomsula was the worst thing that could have happened to the Niners last year, I think that Trent Baalke has gone insane and has no idea what he is doing to the Niners.

Now back to Chip Kelly, he could work, I liked his offense at Oregon and he did do a good job the first two years in Philly so maybe he could be good for us. He does like an up beat, fast paced offense which does work well with the players we have and that has always been a good thing for the Niners as we have done well with the fast pace. Now I hope Chip never becomes the GM of the team as that is where everything tends to go wrong with him. He needs to stay the coach of the team and focus on coaching not on creating a team. So we shall see what happens this year and since I will be back in the Bay I may try to go to a game and see how he does in person. I will keep you all updated with my views over this off season and the beginning of the season.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

  1. Tomsula was a 'yes man' and that's why he got the job...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts