March Madness Hits Home






Yesterday SF State won its home playoff game against Cal State LA and advanced to the CCAA Semifinal game on Friday. The last time I was around this type of environment was when I was in college and American was headed to the NCAA tournament for the first time.  It is definitely very different being a student versus being part of the staff.  Honestly I have to say it might actually be more electrifying to be a part of history on the staff side.  I feel so connected to the program more so then when I was a student; and as everyone who knows me knows I was fairly obsessed with AU's Basketball team to the point where my sorority sister mentioned it in her senior farewell speech, love you Amy!!!! Now though I get paid to be the sports person that I am and I love it.

The atmosphere at the Swamp yesterday was electrifying; we had crowds of people trying to get in that it took until after halftime for everyone who wanted to come in to make it in.  The students and fans were everything a home crowd should be and that was honestly the most satisfying thing for me.  I love it when students and fans are into games. For me that is what athletics is about, it is the camaraderie of fans getting together to support your team and the players.  Our student athletes are amazing and came out full force last night to create a vibrant student section near the opposing bench.  I can't wait for this weekend and to see how our boys do and hope that they continue on this historic season.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts