Well My Bracket is Busted


This is why it is called March Madness, there are only 18 people out of 18 million who predicted the Sweet 16; I was not one of those 18 people as you can tell. My bracket is nice and comatose right now, two of my Final Four teams are out and one of my championship game teams is out. At least UNC won so that my pick for the National Champion survived. This was honestly one of the craziest weekends in March Madness with the ACC having 9 teams going in and only one coming out. Who honestly saw that, I know I didn't but this is March and this is when Cinderella teams come out of the woodwork. This year that team is South Carolina, which made the Sweet 16 for the first time in 23 years I believe. I watched the last 15 minutes of the Duke vs South Carolina game and it was unbelievable. South Carolina was able to go in and stop Duke from shooting the three well in the second half; Duke is a team that lives and dies by the three and yesterday they died.

The hardest part of March Madness is when you have a bracket and you start rooting for teams you don't like to win so your bracket stays safe. I think maybe next year I will create a bracket where after the round of 64 I will only choose the team I like and we shall see if that will change anything; I might even do better. Since clearly basing it off of actual knowledge never gets me anywhere. I say this every year and every year I don't do but I should just choose off of randomness because those brackets usually do the best.

The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 should be really interesting next weekend since some of the strongest teams are now out and the National Championship is kind of up for grabs though for me, I now think it is between Kansas and UNC as to who will win but you never know what will happen. I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts