NFL: Week 5 recap

What an interesting week in the NFL this was. We still have two undefeated teams the defending Super Bowl champs the Packers and the Detroit Lions. I will be the first to say wow when it comes to who are some of the best teams this season. Who would have thought that the Lions and Bills would have such amazing records so far this season. Both teams do have quality wins against some pretty stiff competition. The Bills have defeated the Patriots and the Eagles, though maybe defeating the Eagles now isn't such a great feat but still defeating Michael Vick that says something and definitely defeating Tom Brady and the Patriots is something to talk about. Granted the Lions haven't had a defining win this season but you can't discount them for being undefeated and the 49ers play them in Week 6 and not going to lie I'm a little scared for the game, though the games I've been scared if we have done amazing in so let's see what happens. I know that every time I write a post about the NFL it there is a long paragraph on the 49ers but that is because they are my team and aren't all sports bloggers biased in some way. Though now I do have reason to post a lot about them. Can we say what a decisive victory we had against a team that had the same record as us going into Week 5. We crushed Tampa Bay 48-3. This game we actually took out our starter Alex Smith not because he was playing poorly but because we were crushing them so much that Jim Harbaugh thought it would be good to give our backup quarterback some playtime since the win was guaranteed. I'm looking forward to this season now and really hoping we can make it to the playoffs come January. This was a game I wish I could have watched but being on the East Coast it is hard to get games on TV. What is going on with the Eagles, are they the NFL's version of the Miami Heat who were horrible their first month and then finally pulled it together and made it to the playoffs. I'm not sure what I want to happen to the Eagles but something needs to happen they have all this talent and they can't convert wins. I mean even as a 49er fan how did they give up 21 unanswered points to lose the game in the second half. Then granted they did lose to a hot Bills team but they do have more talent. This does show you that having a ton of talent isn't all it takes to win games, you need to play as a team together and work together to make the plays work. You know what I do hope that they shape up and start winning then maybe my friends who are Eagles fans will stop complaining and I can get a reprieve. Look for a post next week recapping Week 6. I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts