College Basketball Round Up


Yesterday quite a lot happened in the realm of College Basketball; Duke lost on a buzzer beater, Villanova lost at home for the first time in 4 years, Kansas clinched its 13th straight Big 12 regular season title tying UCLA for the longest streak in basketball, and of course UNC beat Louisville to take a 2 game lead over the rest of the ACC.  As you can see it was a very hectic day for college basketball fans and definitely not going to lie that I loved seeing Duke lose especially in the way that they did.

I didn't get a chance to see the other games because I was watching UNC vs Louisville and living on the West Coast games are much earlier then they are on the East Coast so I do have to pick and choose what I will watch.  UNC still has some work to do, Hicks needs to stop getting into foul trouble because while it isn't truly hurting the Heels now it will come tournament time and I don't want that to be the reason they get out and don't win. On the flip side UNC's defense has been spectacular of late, with how they kept Virginia to 41 points and in the game against Louisville where they won because of their defense and it helped to overcome a very sluggish start.

Kansas owns the Big 12 and have for the past 13 years, it is pretty crazy to see how they in this modern era have been able to stay so dominant granted in reality the Big 12 isn't the strongest conference traditionally at least in Basketball but they do have Baylor and West Virginia which have proven to be good from year to year. Bill Self is an amazing coach and the players that he gets are supremely talented, I wish that some of them were on Carolina's team just for my own peace of mind. I do hope that they will be able to break UCLA's streak next year because records and streaks are made to be broken.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts