UConn Wins 100 Straight







Where do you even begin when it comes to discussing Coach Geno and his teams, this is a coach who created a dynasty in the basketball world.  The saddest party about all of this is that people are upset that UConn is so powerful because shouldn't it be spread around to other schools. I completely disagree with this; it is an amazing thing that Coach Geno has done for Women's Basketball, he has made it relevant and made people want to follow the Huskies and to see if teams can beat them.

UConn hasn't lost since November of 2014 and it's not like they haven't played against good teams, South Carolina has been on their tail, same with Stanford and Tennessee.  Yet Geno has this way of getting past everyone and in a convincing fashion.  I have had the pleasure of meeting Geno and seeing him Coach when the USA National team came to do a camp at my Alma Mater.  He is intense but fair and you can see the joy that the women have playing for him.  I wonder how much longer this streak can last and I know that when they do finally lose it will be an epic game.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts