NBA PLayoffs Are Here!!


On Saturday the NBA playoffs started and man is this not my favorite time in sports; we have the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs, and Baseball has started, this is an amazing time. Back to the NBA, I know I'm late on this post as game 1 has already been played by everyone but I was working this weekend at SF State's Baseball games. Much as I love the Warriors, there match up with the Trail Blazers isn't the most exciting first round match-up that goes to the Rockets vs Thunder match-up. That series features the two most likely MVP Candidates, so one would hope it would be an amazing series.

Game one of the Rockets vs Thunder certainly did not live up to the hype with the Rockets utterly dominating the Thunder and keeping Westbrook to a cool 22 points and only having a double-double day. Yes I know how ridiculous it sounds to say that having 22 points and 11 rebounds is not a great day but for how Westbrook has been playing all year this was not a great night. Though looking at his stats in losses he does tend to average 22 points which is really interesting. On the other hand Harden went off and scored 37 points in game 1. I hope that the Thunder can make it a series because as of right now it sure looks like the Rockets have their number. But it is out of 7 and we all know that anything can happen.

I will get to my Warriors soon, I promise first I have to talk about the most emotional game of the weekend which was the Celtics vs Bulls. I hoped that the Celtics would win this game for Isaiah Thomas. I truly don't quite know how he was able to play less then 24 hours after finding out that his sister was killed in a car accident. I know want the Celtics to win this series and advance for Thomas just not win it all sorry GO Warriors. The most insensitive comment I heard about the situation came from Charles Barkley who said he was uncomfortable seeing Thomas crying on the sideline before the game. I'm sorry Charles but what would you do if you found out your sister died the day before. He needed to play to be able to lose himself in the game and forget for a couple of hours the tragedy that he will now have to live with for the rest of his life. I hope that this will finally get Barkley to think before he speaks but that is a far-fetched dream and I know it. Good Luck Isaiah Thomas and the Celtics, this Warriors fan is rooting for you in the Eastern Bracket.

Now we get to the Warriors, I sadly was unable to watch the game yesterday as I had already planned a workout that I could not get out of, though I did follow the scores closely. They let the Blazers keep close during the first three quarters and then exploded in the fourth to finally put it away. All of this was done on the back of Draymond Green as if we expected anything less. Green is currently the best defensive player in the league and even though he is volatile I will take him any day of the week for what he gives our defense. Curry and Durant of course led the team in points, it is interesting though that now that Durant is back, Curry's three point shot is not falling as well. I know that both are amazing players and I love having Durant for his ability to attach the rim and have the outside shot, but I do miss the Curry of last year and the Curry we saw while Durant was out. I do hope that next year Durant can work on making it more equal between the two, since we definitely saw Curry take a bit of a back seat and let Durant shine more. Back to the series with the Blazers, I know that Lillard says that it will be a series and that the Blazers could upset but I'm not quite sure, we shall see. I do think it will be a good series either way.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts