Stanley Cup Playoffs Have Started

I know I'm a day late with this post but I had a pretty busy day yesterday at work and didn't have a chance to write this. Yesterday the Stanley Cup Playoffs started and honestly this is my favorite time of year since there is a lot of quality sports going on. Today though my team the Washington Capitals play their first game against the Maple Leafs and their more then likely rookie of year and first pick Auston Matthews. For me it is kind of cool to see this match up because I was at the draft last year when the Maples Leafs got him and it shows how much things can change in one year.

I really hope this is the year for the Capitals they are the President Trophy winners for the second year in a row. I will say this about the Caps this year that I don't think they had quite as much of last year, they are way more well rounded as a team and the goal scoring is more evenly distributed. This should give the Caps more ability to score as right now they are the best 5 on 5 team in terms of scoring and we have the best goalie in the league for save percentages in Braden Holtby; not that Philipp Grubauer is a slouch, he has been amazing as well. Another player who has been lights out this year is TJ Oshie and he as well as Ovechkin both have 30+ goal seasons. I think that it has been well balanced year for the Capitals and I am really hoping that this is their year.

I do understand though that it will be hard to get through the Eastern side with both the Penguins, the Rangers and the Maple Leafs won't be easy to get past. It is always very interesting to see what happens during the playoffs and this year will definitely be no different and of course I really hope that the Capitals will end up being the Stanley Cup Champions.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts