NFL Break Down: The Prologue

Hey everyone sorry for the break between my posts I've been doing some extra research for the blog.  Starting in the next few days I'm going to start a break down of the NFL starting with the NFC West.  I hope to have this done in time for the regular season starting.  I will be discussing my views of who will end up in the playoffs and who has the best chance of winning the Super Bowl.  I am currently reading Football for the Utterly Confused to help me understand how to break down NFL teams better and how to understand the sport from the perspective of a player and coach.

For the first time ever I'm actually getting pretty excited for the start of Football season.  I'm going to be cheering really hard for my hometown team of the San Francisco 49ers lets hope that this season they will start to play on the level that I know they can.  They have a wonderful and storied history that includes many Hall of Famers such as Joe Montana and now Jerry Rice. 

While Jerry Rice was in the NFL he was the leading wide receiver and helped lead the 49ers to 3 Super Bowl rings.  During is 19 year career Rice recorded 197 touchdowns, received 22, 895 yards and completed 1, 549 passes.  He holds the record in all three categories.  Rice was a force to be reckoned with while he played football.  Without Jerry Rice I'm confident to say the 49ers would not have had some of their Super Bowl rings.  He helped to elevate a dominate team to even greater heights.  His induction into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility is not surprising at all. 

This years class of the Hall of Fame may have been one of the strongest one in years.  This years inductees were Jerry Rice, Russ Grimm,  Rickey Jackson, Dick LeBeau, Floyd Little, John Randle, and Emmett Smith.  These men hold records and had some of the most storied careers in the NFL and I'm very happy that they have been inducted especially Jerry Rice as he was inducted as a San Francisco 49ers.

I hope that you enjoy this post and stop by in the next few days to read the first post on how the NFC West shapes up for this coming season.  I hope you keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts