How the Love Affair Started

I know that this post should have been the first post I made on here but I was too excited to get started on the actual topic of my blog that I got carried away and forgot to explain why I started this blog. 

So lets get started and I will tell you how the love affair started.  I don't ever remember a time when sports didn't play a large role in my life.  My family would spend Saturday mornings jogging in the park, my dad and I would spend afternoons shooting hoops, playing hockey or a myriad of other fun sport activities.  This helped me learn the fundamentals of many games and learn to love them all.  In middle school we would have lunch time basketball games and I remember that those precious minutes spent playing basketball were some of my favorite memories in middle school, it was then that I actually felt like I fit in at my school.

Well when my skills plateaued and peaked around sophomore year of High School I knew that I had to find a new way to keep alive my passionate love for sports.  I started to focus more on the rules of the games and the history of sports.  I started following college basketball namely at the time UNC and the rise of Tyler Hansbrough.  Once I graduated High School the love affair went full speed ahead.  I went to college and started attending college basketball games.  I fell in love with the atmosphere of the college game.  The yelling in the stands the frantic pace of the game and how it can all come down to one shot and one moment.  I was hooked sports had taken over and left room for little else.  This lead me to start searching for books about the history of college basketball I read many John Feinstein books and started amassing a collection of basketball books.  Soon my family only saw me reading basketball books and improving my knowledge of the game.

Through out my time in college I went to every game I could I traveled twice to watch the boys play in the NCAA tournament the first and second times they had ever made it.  My senior year I worked with the Womens Basketball team and was their manager.  I gained an inside knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of the big game.  I got to learn so much about my favorite game.  As time went on in college I met other sports fans people who followed different sports then I did and it broadened up my horizons when it came to sports.  I started following football, soccer, baseball.  Yet basketball will forever hold that special place in my heart as with basketball my love affair started.

I hope you enjoyed a look into my past and I hope you keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts