OLYMPICS OLYMPICS OLYMPICS: One Month left



It has been four years since Bejing, four years since the last time the world came together to watch the Summer Olympics and four years since Michael Phelps won 8 Gold medals the most medals for a single athlete in the Olympic games.  I'm terribly excited for London this summer and to watch the Olympics.  I love to watch swimming and gymnastics, which I will not lie for me are not my two biggest sports but when it comes time for the Olympics those are my favorites.  I love to watch the rivalries and to see how the athletes perform and how well they do and pretty much just to watch athletes from all over the world come together and compete. 

I avidly follow the medal count and hope that the USA wins the most golds though I always have a special place for Israel and for Russia. I want them to do well.  I watch basketball and for me this year I will watch the women's USA basketball team because a couple years ago I had the wonderful pleasure of being around when they practiced at my alma mater American University.  I got to get my picture taken with Sue Bird and got to meet Coach Geno, who is arguably the best coach in all of College Basketball, men and women's.  I really hope that they win and granted they are the strongest team out there but I am always sad that they don't get the recgonition that the Men's USA team gets.  The women are better and you may disagree with me but the women have never had to have a redeam team like the men have had to.

I am also excited to just have 24/7 sports for the 3 weeks on network TV because of the Olympics, I get to indulge in my love and get to have a real excuse to watch sports all the time and have it playing constantly at my house.

I hope you enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts