NBA Draft: Analyzing the Picks for the Warriors

So first things first, last night was the draft and Kentucky and UNC were the two biggest winners having the most players drafted in the first round.  With Kentucky having Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist being the 1 and 2 picks respectively.  Granted much as I am not a huge Kentucky fan these two players are amazing and great picks for the Hornets and the Bobcats, I'm just happy that it left my boys from UNC available to the Warriors; which leads me to the meat of this story.  Thank you Warriors, you may not have listened to my previous post where I said to go with Tyler Zeller or Thomas Robinson but in all honesty I think you made the better choice.  I was picking my favorites and of course you were going based on need. 

Barnes will be a great addition to the Warriors and I am actually now looking forward to the coming season to see how he will shine and how he will pair up with Curry.  While yes this past NCAA tournament he didn't shine like everyone expected him too, he is a deep shooter, who can make the three point shot and with Curry, who is a dynamic point guard who can create shots for his teammates look for Barnes to shine and take over.  I certainly am looking forward to him taking over the Warriors along side Curry and making my Golden State team a threat to be reckoned with. 

The second pick of the draft was Center Festus Ezeli from Vanderbuilt and to be honest I know nothing about him but from what I've read he is a solid pick for the last pick of the 1st round.  The Warriors need a solid center, someone who can block shots and create defense in the post and that is what Ezeli can do, so instead of looking for points from him next season, look at him having great statistics in the defensive columns.

Over all I am very happy with the draft last night on multiple accounts all four of my UNC boys got drafted and the Warriors chose a Tar Heel to wear their uniform next season.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts