A Great Weekend for DC Sports


On Saturday it was Frank Beamer's last game as the Head Coach of Virginia Tech and what a game it was.  It was the highest ever scoring Independence Day Bowl game ever and it all came down to Tech's defense to keep the win alive.  I may not be the biggest fan of Tech and right now it may be a bit hard to root for Tech especially as that is my ex-boyfriend's favorite College team but there is no denying what Beamer has done for college football and what a wonderful coach he has been for the past 29 years at Virginia Tech.  I am glad that I was able to watch his last game and that it was thrilling though I do wish it had been less close and had not had to come down to the final drive of Tulsa.  I wish Frank Beamer all the luck in the world in his future endeavors and I do hope that Justin Fuente will be able to do great things for Tech.  I will be following from the West Coast just not quite as closely as I once did.

On to the other news of the weekend for DC Sports there was a trifecta of wins on Saturday when the Wizards, Caps and Redskins all won on the same day.  The Redskins have clinched the NFC North and will be in the playoffs with a first round home game which considering that no one thought the Redskins would even make into the playoffs let alone be contending is pretty amazing for DC.  The Caps are on a 7 game win streak and are in first place in the East and in second over all for the NHL.  The way that the Caps have been playing is pretty phenomenal and they are quite possibly playing the best that I have ever seen them play.  I am really excited to watch them this season and I hope that they do well in the playoffs.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts