Giants Bats are Heating Up



Hopefully this post won't jinx the Giants but the past few games the Giants have figured it out and turned a corner on both their defense and their offense and it shows in the record.  In April they were 9-17 really bad but so far in May they are 8-7 so already they have the chance to have a better record in May. Watching the last few games, you can see that they are playing with a different intensity and that they believe in themselves again. Whether this is due to Span being back or Belt and Posey hitting all of the home runs in the last 9 games or even the Kid playing spectacularly and providing a jolt that they need. Honestly I can't even say what it is but I want them to keep it up.

It looks like they are playing with a looseness that wasn't evident in April; in April it was one bad thing after another first Denard Span goes down, then Bumgarner goes down on an off day injury and is out until probably the All Star Break, and Melancon goes down. Granted one good thing about Span going down was that it called up Arroyo and he has killed it since coming up. I really like how he plays because he has played in the outfield and on third, and now second and has come up with some impressive plays like yesterday he was part of a 543  ground double play; which for you non baseball stat people is ground ball to third who then throws to second to get that player out and then a throw to first to get the player out there. It kind of saved an inning since yesterday's game ended with a score of 2-1. Now both the Giants and the Dodgers had a lot of hits just the pitching was able to strand players and get double plays.

I am hopeful for the Giants this month and moving forward but I am not having any expectations because I don't want to get heartbroken, I just want a good season for them and I can't wait to go on Memorial day and watch the Giants play the Nationals and see my second team play.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts