NCAA Basketball Preseason Review



Tomorrow is the day that I have been waiting for since the Championship Game ended.  Tomorrow starts the College Basketball season and I am so excited to be able to turn on the TV and to watch UNC play, I am somewhat sad that I didn't realize that UNC's first game would be so close to me that I could have gone to the game and fulfilled a dream of mine but that will just have to wait at least one more year.  UNC is ranked as the preseason favorite to win the Championship and that would give Roy Williams his 3rd banner and UNC their 6th.  I want UNC to do really well this year for quite a few reasons, one being of course because they are my team and I absolutely love them, the other because I want recruiting to be easier for them and if they win then that will make next year better.

Here is the final preseason poll for the Top 10. 

1North Carolina (35)1,566
2Kentucky (10)1,520
3Maryland (14)1,487
4Kansas (5)1,410
5Duke 1,350
6Virginia (1)1,347
7Iowa State1,185
8Oklahoma1,088
9Gonzaga1,047
10Wichita State1,032

We can see that there are quite a few perennial top 10 teams on this list and that the top 5 are the top teams from the past decade.  Now I hate that Kentucky is a top 5 team, I really wish it wouldn't be since I want Calipari's vision to fall apart and for him to finally have to come to terms with all of the violations that he has committed over the years, but that is for another time.  This year is looking like it will be a great year and that are aren't any clear cut favorites which is a wonderful thing.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts