Mid-week Sports Update

So this week we have seen some interesting things go down in the sports world.  Last night was the NBA Draft Lottery and we learned the order of the draft, the NFL lockout was given a permanent stay until after the appeal and in the MLB we have seen a shift in standings.  All of these things have given sports fans many things to discuss and to break down and its only Wednesday just think what the rest of the week can provide us, especially as tonight is Game 2 of the East Coast Conference Finals so lets see if the Heat bounce back and tie the series or hopefully the Bulls can make it 0-2 when the series goes back to Miami.

Let's discuss the NBA Draft Lottery, is anyone really surprised that the Cavaliers won the top pick, especially as after the loss of Lebron James last summer to Miami they tumbled to the second-worst team in the NBA.  From reading news articles about the Lottery, they used as their good luck charm the 14-year old son of the owner who is currently battling a disease, if that is not a good luck charm then I have no idea what is.  My biggest issue is that I keep wanting the Warriors to get good picks and every year the Lottery screws us over.  I know I shouldn't complain because we did get Stephen Curry two years ago with the draft because we were ahead of the Knicks but I want higher though I do know that higher picks mean we are a worse team. Yet right now we are still working towards becoming a better team and we do need good players though if for some reason either one of the Morris Twin's are still available, Warriors go for it and take them please for the love of a Warriors fan they are amazing players who will be an instant help and someone I would really want on my team.

The Appellate Court has given the NFL Owners a permanent stay on the Lockout pending the appeal.  I know that this is technically what actually needed to happen but as a fan of sports I hate it.  I want for the off-season to start and for all the teams to get back into workouts and for the players and coaches to start talking for off-season trades to occur and for teams to start talking to free agents.  I want more NFL news besides it just being about the lockout.  So we as the fans get it the owners are greedy and they want more well so do the players thus work together and fix this for the fans because then all of it will be for nothing if you lose money.  Get that through your thick heads owners, you will lose money if you keep the lockout going because the fans won't have the NFL to spend money on.  So I hope this gets decided soon so I can stop writing about it and can start discussing off-season moves of the 49ers and hoping they can start playing well again soon.

Now in the MLB, the Giants were just sadly swept by the Rockies and thus are now .5 games back as prior to this series we were 1.5 games ahead and in the lead of the NL West.  I do understand that te Giants can't keep winning and winning much as I would love for them to do that but what went on in this series, we would go up and then one horrible inning would just screw up the entire game for us.  I know that I can't complain we are doing better then we did last year at this time and we are the reigning World Series Champs, maybe its just that I want to see us keep playing like we are going back there.  I can see it happening, we are playing amazing when we want to.  Now we just need to focus more and more on playing better and our pitching needs to be improved especially the relievers, I'm sorry but I know its in some way the relievers because how can we have hitless innings with the starters to end up losing the game if its not the relievers fault.  Also this week the Red Sox swept the Yankees which is pretty awesome and it seems like the Yankees are starting to self destruct. Sorry to all of my friends who are Yankees fans but its time for a new reigning King of Baseball for everyone to hate.  I don't know who that will be but its starting to be clear that it won't be the Yankee's maybe it will be the Red Sox we can never know.  Let's continue watching the MLB season and we can figure it out together.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep reading my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts