NBA: Round 2

So I know that I have had a lot of posts about the NBA playoffs but this year they are actually quite interesting and suprising, most of the teams that I would have had win didn't even make it past the first round and some of the teams I never thought would advance have and how did they advance.  The main team that has shocked me to core has been the Dallas Mavericks because they have actually swept the Lakers and how they swept the Lakers.  Yesterday's game was an embarrassment to LA because it looked like they didn't care at all about winning at that point or trying to make history as the first team to come back from an 0-3 deficit to win the series.  The game felt like they were just giving it to the Mavericks, granted the Mavericks did make 20 3-pointers but they had a ton of open shots.  Also all of the ejections that happened in the game was unnecessary.  When you are losing like the Lakers did why give more fuel to the fire and start playing a dirty game.  People already hate them so why give people more reason to hate them.

Finally the Celtics started playing like the team I know they are.  On Saturday night they went out and completely killed the Heat to give themselves a shot at evening the series.  During the second quarter, I was getting frightfully scared that the Celtics were going to give up again and be outrun by the Heat but the big Three on the Celtics took control of the game in the third quarter and they started to rout the Heat like I have known they would this entire time.  Then when Rondo went down with a dislocated elbow, everyone was scared again that he would be out for the rest of the series, yet he came back and made quite a few amazing plays only using his right hand.  Rondo brought heart back to the team and they were unstoppable in the 4th quarter, also I feel like by returning he took the wind out of the sales of the Heat.  They did not know how to react to how he was able to come back and still be a major threat.  I really hope the Celtics can win again at home and even out the series and then win it all.

The third series that is highly interesting is the Hawks vs Bulls series.  This series is the quiet sort of interesting as currently the Bulls and Hawks are tied at 2 wins each so this series is going to a game 6 and the Hawks could potentially beat out the Bulls.  I am not ruling anything out in this match-up because during the Hawks series with the Magic, I discounted them and we all saw what happened so this time around I really have no idea what is going to happen.  At this point I just want a good series that will keep things interesting.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep reading my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts