NBA: Round 3

Before I get to the meat of this post, I just want to say that I'm sorry for not posting in about a week.  I promise that I will not go a week without posting again.  Now to the actual post we now have our teams who are going to be playing in the conference finals.  Both sides of the equation are going to be great series, with the West having two virtual unknown teams comparatively to the East, being the Mavericks and the Thunder and in the East it being between the Bulls and the Heat.  I can tell you who I want to win in the East, please let it be the Bulls.  I personally would like the finals to be between the Mavericks and the Bulls.  I do know that the Thunder are a good team but the Mavericks beat out the team that I hate more then the Heat, the Lakers so they are now the team that I am rooting for but I do like the Bulls and the Thunder.  If your 2011 NBA Champions were any team but the Heat then I would not mind that in the least.

Now to the actual match ups, last night was game one between the Bulls and the Heat and the Bulls won that game quite handily 103-82.  I really hope that this is what is going to be continuing for the rest of series.  After a rough first half where Rose committed some lazy turn-overs, he settled down and ended the game with 28 points and 6 assists.  Rose also had help from Boozer, Deng and Noah.  Noah led the team with 14 rebounds and Deng was able to stop James and keep him to 15 points for the entire game.  The Big three for the Heat struggled a lot in this game and it was surprisingly Bosh who actually had the biggest game for them with 30 points.  Now if the Bulls can keep stopping James and Wade from scoring and being effective then I do see them winning this series and making to the Championship.  The Bulls are a strong team and while they may not have the big names of the Heat the entire team knows how to work together and win games otherwise they wouldn't have lead the league with 62 wins when last season they were not this good.  The Bulls have what it takes to win this series and I for one really do hope that they win.

I can't really lie but I don't know that much about either team.  Both teams have great players that I do know a little bit about with the Thunder having Kevin Durant, who is a beast and can attack the ball and get it to the basket as shown by his regular season stats of 27.7 ppg.  Not only do the Thunder have Durant but they also have Kendrick Perkins who they got in a trade from Boston.  This may be sweet retribution for Perkins as he is in the West Coast Conference finals while his former team sits at home and watches to see what happens.  While on the other side the Mavericks have Dirk Nowitzki who in the regular season has averaged 23 ppg and he his helped by Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler who have the highest average of blocks and rebounds between the two of them.  This series shall be very interesting to watch as no one expected either team to make it to the conference finals.  I do like players on both teams and I do hope that this isn't a blow out but I see the Mavericks as being a bit more rested and having the high of just beating LA in a sweep helping them, though I hope that means that they do not stop playing the game like they did against LA because that could potentially happen.  Let's go West Coast, this year I am rooting for you as it is not the Lakers in the Finals.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep reading my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts