Sports News

This week has been quite interesting in the sports world, first the Maloof's say that the Kings are staying in Sacramento for one more year, then the McCourts are unable to meet payroll for the second half of may, and the Lakers are in a 0-2 hole against the Mavericks.  Besides these major headlines there has also been some sad news like a guard from the Warriors was stabbed by his wife, hopefully he will recover soon and can come back in time for next season, also more players are being arrested on drug and drinking violations.  All I can say is that I hope sooner or later sports stars will start learning that they need to be role models for young kids and stop taking advantage of their fame.

So I have already discussed the fact that the Kings are staying in Sacramento for at least one more year but I did have to mention it again just because I am so happy about this fact.  The other fact that I am super happy about is that the Lakers are in a 0-2 hole against the Mavericks.  I really hope that the Mavericks will beat the Lakers to advance to the West Finals and that will end this dominance by the Lakers.  It is time for Kobe to leave and make the Lakers lovable again or well as lovable as they can be.  Granted I do think that the Lakers are just not to used to have a lesser team go full out against them, yet the Mavericks are showing the world that they can play with the great teams and still win and as I have always said this is the playoffs and anything can happen.  It doesn't take much more then 4 good games to beat a team and advance, which is totally possible for the Mavericks to do.  The only sad part about the playoffs for me right now is that the Celtics are not playing well and are down 0-2 to the Heat.  Yet now its time to go back to Boston and there I hope that the Celtics can tie up the series and then win it all and advance and send Lebron, Wade and Bosh packing and to show the world that the Big Three are not all that hot.

Everyone knows already that the MLB has taken over active control of the Dodgers because of the $30 million that the McCourts took out from Fox to pay for the first half of May's payroll.  Now it looks like there isn't enough money to pay the second half of payroll in May.  If this happens then the MLB will pay the payroll and take full control of the Dodgers.  I kind of do hope this happens.  I am a Giants fan and for me this is sweet vindication but in all honesty if an owner is unable to pay his employees and the players are his employee's then he has no need of owning the team and let someone who is capable of owning the team own it. MLB doesn't need for a storied franchise to die off because of incompetent ownership.  So I do hope that everything turns out well for the Dodgers and that the McCourts are gone just so that we can get on with the season.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts