NBA: The Playoffs Part 2

Now all 16 teams have played in their first game in the 2011 Playoffs and half the teams are 1-0 and the other half are 0-1.  Yesterday the final 8 teams played who did play on Saturday.  The match-ups yesterday was Memphis vs San Antonio, New Orleans vs Los Angeles, New York vs Boston and Denver vs Oklahoma City.  The games tended to play out just like they did on Saturday with either team being able to have won and no game was a definite blow out where people were sure that one team was going to demolish the other.  I know there were some games that people were expecting for one team to win over another but this is the Playoffs and just like March Madness anything can happen during this 7 game stretch for each round.  Let's take a look at each match-up and see what the loser needs to do win the next game or in the case of the Lakers what New Orleans needs to do to keep winning as I hate the Lakers.

The first game yesterday was Memphis vs San Antonio and not going to lie, I am really shocked that the Spurs lost.  They are the stronger team but never underestimate a team that has never won a playoff game and is trying win at least one.  In all honesty I put the fact that San Antonio was playing without the backcourt presence of Ginobili who with his extra 17 points that he brings to the game the Spurs probably would have played.  The Spurs should not get complacent and I also feel like that is what happened when they played against Memphis thinking that this was going to be a walk in the park for them. Clearly Memphis showed that they were here to win and win they did.

The second game was New Orleans vs Los Angeles and I was so happy with this out come.  I hate the Lakers and I know that everyone hates them but I'm a Northern California girl and we hate all things LA like the Dodgers and the Lakers.  So good going Hornets, thank you for beating the Lakers and showing them that they are not all powerful.  All I can say to the Hornets is keep giving Paul good looks as he was on fire yesterday and had a great game.  Also keep playing strong and never look back if you take the lead as you did yesterday, the Hornets were able to weather a slight comeback from the Lakers as at one point they trimmed the lead to 4 but yesterday the Hornets were stronger and I sincerely hope that they stay the stronger team and send the Lakers reeling with a first round exit.

The third game of the night was probably the most anticipated game of the day, New York vs Boston.  Historically these two cities hate each other so its only fair that they would play against each other in the play offs.  Boston fell behind early and I was scared that they were going to lose to the Knicks as right now I'm not their biggest fan for talking away Billups from the Nuggets just because Carmelo wanted out of Denver.  But the Knicks need to never forget that it is the Celtics and that they have a way of playing in the Playoffs that is just uncanny, they can come back from behind and win it all.  The Knicks if they want to win need to never get complacent with a lead and keep attacking as that is the only way to get past the Celtics and potentially to play a smaller team that is faster then the big men that the Celtics love to play.

The final game yesterday was Denver at Oklahoma City. While I do like Oklahoma City because they drafted my favorite true center Cole Aldrich, I have been pretty sad this season as they have kept sending him to the D-league.  This does make me feel like the Warriors should have drafted him and he would have been playing and making such a great contribution.  Ok sorry for my little rant but this always makes me angry, back to the match-up.  Denver needs to be able to stop Durant.  That is their biggest issue, he scored 41 points in the Thunder's win over them.  Denver has the talent and they have some of my favorite players on their team now.  Gallinari, Lawson, Andersen are all my favorite players and I'm really happy that they all had good games last night but they need to play better and so does everyone else.  The other issue is that Denver needs to shoot better from behind the arc.  If they do all of this, I don't see them losing again and I see them making it to the second round.

The next post will come after all of the teams have played their second game so that I don't keep spamming you with my posts.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts