Sports in the News

This has been a crazy few weeks in sports, Bud Selig is taking over the Dodgers, the NFL is still in their lockout and everyone is becoming scared that the NBA is going to have a lock out as well.  It seems like nothing is really going right this year in the realm of sports.  I mean we have had all of these issues where the players are being arrested, owners are being unable to keep control of their teams.  Look at the Dodgers, Hornets and the Kings.  It feels like the apocalypse is coming at least when it comes to sports.  I really do need for the NFL and the NLFPA to come to some sort of agreement and get over this damn lockout.  Think of the fans, yes I did change the saying from think of the children to think of the fans.  But seriously someone has to say it.  The fans are what drives the revenue and if they want any revenue then they should figure out a way to mediate the situation and come up with a new bargaining agreement.  While I am not a huge fan of the NFL or of football, not going to lie basketball is my sport, I do support my team and own a 49ers Jersey, ok granted it is an Alex Smith Jersey but we can't all own Gore, Rice, or Young jersey's.  People want football, we want sports to forget about all of the bad in the world.

The fact that Bud Selig is taking over the Dodgers is a good thing, though as a Giants fan it did make me happy to hear that the Dodgers were having problems, though it isn't fair to the fans of the Dodgers.  The McCourts were clearly not ready to be owners, they just wanted the prestige of owning a baseball team.  Well it looks like now they are the ones being screwed over, though when they sell the team they will get a lot of money.  I just hope that this issue doesn't happen again in the MLB, though it has happened twice in one year in the NBA, the Hornets have already been taken over by the NBA and I feel like it could be soon for the Kings.  The owners of the Kings should not take away this franchise from Sacramento, they deserve to be there and I like having another team not to far away from mine.  Cities get attached to teams and to the players, and ripping them away is not the way to go about getting more people to buy tickets.  I would do more within the community and get them to fill the seats.  But that is just my opinion.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep reading my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts