Calipari to the Knicks?

Not going to lie when I first read the headline that Calipari was going to the Knicks I was in shock and started cheering.  But then I read the article and it said that there is the potential of him going to the Knicks.  Not going to lie, I hope it's true and it happens.  I think that Calipari isn't the most trustworthy of coaches and I dislike the fact that he seems to relish the one and done players.  Personally I don't see how that can be a good thing for a school culture.  Also I dislike how he leaves schools and right away there are NCAA violations and sanctions, look at UMass and Memphis, they both suffered violations as soon as he left. Memphis had to vacate all of their wins in the 07-08 season when Derrick Rose was on their team and they made it to the championship game only to lose to Kansas in overtime.  I really don't want that to happen to Kentucky, this is a school steeped in Basketball tradition and having a coach like Calipari in the long run could harm them.

Personally I think that Calipari is better suited to the NBA, there he doesn't have to deal with as many strict rules about recruiting and he would have more money to find talented players.  One positive I can say for Calipari is that he is able to take a team full of ego's and actually get them to play together in a way that highlights all of the major players while still getting the wins.  This is why I believe he would do so well at the Knicks.  Currently that team has two or three amazing players that are not quite used to working together and if they had a coach like Calipari, he might be able to showcase all of their talent, get the wins and make the team play better.  So while I know that currently there has been no discussion between Calipari and the Knicks.  I do hope this happens even though that would mean that Kentucky would now have to find another coach in less then four years which can be difficult for a school trying to get back to the top of where they used to be but still Calipari in the NBA not the worst thing that could happen and he might actually not commit any violations there.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts