American University Women's Basketball

I know two posts in one day how can we all be so lucky but I felt that after a couple days of mourning the end of our chances of making it to the NCAA tournament this year that I have to write a post just for this team and this season.  I have been blessed to be able to go to a lot of the home games and make every single home game in Patriot League play.  This year these women have worked hard and made quite an impact on the Patriot League.  They practically swept the awards this year only losing out for the Freshman of the Year award.  Coach Matt won Coach of the Year for the second time, Lisa Strack won Player of the Year, Ebony Edwards won Defensive Player of the Year and Alexis Dobbs won Academic Player of the Year.  While these three women won the awards the team did not get to where it was just because of them.  This entire team worked hard and improved from the beginning of the season til the end whenever that may be as I am sure we shall get a WNIT bid.

I can say as a fan of the program that I see a high future for the team next season.  This season has been a pleasure to watch and I loved seeing the way this team has grown and how much every single player has improved their play.  This post is for all of you and keep looking forward the future is bright and there is post season play still ahead.  I hope that it will be close enough for me to go and watch you all play just like I have been doing all season.

Comments

Popular Posts