Brackets Are Out and It's Time To Make Some Picks

Well now that we have the field of 68 it's time for March Madness to truly start and for every sports fan to go crazy.  We have our 4 number 1 seeds Kentucky, Syracuse, North Carolina and Michigan St.  I figured that 3 of the 4 would be your number 1 seeds but I was a bit shocked to see Michigan St as the fourth number 1 seed granted they did win the Big 10 tournament and Kansas had lost in the semifinal of the Big 12 tournament but I do think that over all Kansas is the better team then Michigan St.  Yet we have all heard about the curse of being a number 1 seed and it might end up better for Kansas in the end, except for the part where Kansas is in the same region as North Carolina and that might end up being bad for Kansas as they would have to potentially get through them to end up in the Final Four.

As I said in a previous post this year the tournament is going to be amazing and the upsets are going to abound.  In all reality though with the strength of the teams this year are there really going to be a lot of true upsets, well definitely some as there are always the upset minded teams. This year it will be Harvard and UNLV, both of these teams have the ability to make deep runs and UNLV does know how to beat a top 10 team.

Now we have to look at some teams that have injuries like unfortunately Indiana, they are missing Vernell Jones Jr who is out with a torn ACL, I feel so bad for this senior as he played all year to miss the chance to play in the tournament due to injury.  Now while Jones is an amazing player and has been great for Indiana, I hope that they will still be able to make a deep run behind Cody Zeller and Christian Watford. These two players have the ability to pull Indiana together and get them to the elite 8 and maybe even to the Final Four.  I can see them beating Kentucky again pulling of the upset again.  Kentucky has shown that they can be beaten as both Indiana and Vandy have beaten them

My prediction for the tournament is that North Carolina will win.  I will have another post tomorrow to discuss some teams that I wasn't able to get to in this post and further break down the bracket.  I hope you all enjoy this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts